This course has two primary strands of instruction that embody the interconnected nature of literature and language.
Literature: Modern and Post-Modern British literature, world literature, multiple genres, literary criticism, reading comprehension, and author’s craft.
Thesis: Year-long capstone project that involves the writing of a Weltanschauung, Apologia, and Vocare.
- 1984, George Orwell
- The Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis
- The Lord of the Flies, William Golding
- Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe
- As We Forgive, Catherine Claire Larson
- The Greatest Thing in the World, Henry Drummond
- Hamlet, William Shakespeare
- Selections of poetry and short stories
Textbooks & Resources
- The Bedford Introduction to Literature
- The Elements of Style, Strunk and White
- The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation