Week 2 (Jan 17-19)
- Handout: Chivalry
- Handout: A Distant Mirror (excerpt)
- Short Story Resources:
Week 1 (Jan 8-12)
- Handout: “The Knight’s Tale” Background Info
- Powerpoint Slides: The Canterbury Tales (One Minute Report)
- Plot Map (blank)
- Elements of Plot & Point of View
- Powerpoint: Plot
- Archetypes (List of Character & Situational Archetypes)
Week 10 (Dec 12-15)
Week 9 (Dec 4-8)
- Macbeth Gallery Walk
- How does ambition corrupt?
- Who in history demonstrated negative ambition?
- Whose ambition is the driving force of Macbeth? Lady Macbeth or Macbeth?
- What makes Macbeth a tyrant?
- What is the relationship between gender and power?
- Is justice served at the end of Macbeth?
- Compare/contrast Macbeth and Banquo.
- Are the witches, Lady Macbeth, or Macbeth the source of Macbeth’s evil?
- What makes Macbeth universal?
- Explore the motif of blood
- What is the relationship between sleep and guilt?
- Explore the psychological elements of Macbeth.
- Gunpowder Plot of 1605 (6 videos)
Part 1: The 5 Conspirators - An introduction to the 5 main figures behind the 1605 Gunpowder Plot that almost destroyed England's political elite.
- Macbeth Soliloquy Recitations
- Macbeth Mood Boards
Week 8 (Nov 27-Dec 1)
- Macbeth Stage Production
Week 7 (Nov 13-17)
- Who’s Who in Macbeth
- Class Mood Board
Week 6 (Nov 13-17)
- Iambic Pentameter
- “Jesus vs. the Occult” by John Piper
- The Imagery of Macbeth
- Intro to Shakespeare (Prezi slides)
Week 5 (Nov 6-Nov 10)
Week 4 (Oct 30-Nov 3)
- Interactive Notebook Grading Rubric
- Interactive Notebook: Week 4 UPDATED 11.1.17
Week 3 (Oct 23-27)
Week 2 (Oct 16-20)
- Class Notes: Deus ex Machina & Eucatastrophe
- Interactive Notebook: Week 2 – UPDATED 10.17.17
Week 1 (Oct 9-13)
- Interactive Notebook: Week 1
- Interactive Notebook: Guidelines
- Class Notes: The Hobbit Intro
- PSAT Overview
- PSAT Practice Test
- Link includes Practice Test, Answer Sheet, and Answer Explanations
Week 8 (Sep 25-29)
Week 7 (Sep 18-22)
- Visual Text Analysis Checklist
- Class Notes: Rhetorical Appeals – Aristotle and Beyond
- Examples of Appeals in Advertising
Aristotle's Appeals - FIFA 16
Week 6 (Sep 11-14)
- Handout: Beowulf Test Essay (guidelines and rubric)
- Beowulf Themes Packet
- Handout: Comitatus and Interlacing
- Examples of Interlacing
- Anglo-Saxon Pattern Welding (interlacing in sword-making)
Week 5 (Sep 5-8)
- Hero’s Boast
- LOTR Anglo-Saxon Cupbearer
Week 4 (Aug 29-Sep 1)
- Beowulf Pronunciation Guide
- Class Notes: Beowulf – Intro
- Class Notes: Beowulf – The King and His Thanes
- History of the English Language
Week 3 (Aug 21-25)
- Google Classroom
- Book Talk
Week 2 (Aug 14-18)
- “Meditation XVII” by John Donne (text + essay prompt)
- “Meditation XVII” Grading Rubric
- Class Notes: Cyrano Intro